This is the 4th year for the popular CityWide Street Sale in Lakewood Thursday, Friday & Saturday June 27th through June 29th. Bringing Lakewood residents and merchants together for 3 days of sales, this event draws happy shoppers from beyond our city, seeking bargains and seeing what else Lakewood has to offer.
Sponsored by the Downtown Lakewood Business Alliance this CityWide Street Sale is open to all Lakewood residents and merchants to participate. As the list is compiled of who is having a sale, we’ll have a posting on this website of all the locations (beginning Monday June 24). Shoppers will also be able to print the list to take with them. Resident names will not be published. Last year we had 233 resident sales and sidewalk sales.
Once again this year: LakewoodAlive is pleased to offer residents the option to buy garage sale kits for $5. These kits have street sale signs, 9 red, white and blue balloons, a how-to-guide for a successful garage sale, tags and stickers to prices items and more. The kits are available for purchase at lion and blue (15106 Detroit Ave.) and Paisley Monkey (14417 Detroit Ave.) Last year we sold out of these kits, don’t miss out on a chance to help your sales.
Attention Block Clubs – We are still looking for you to promote more homes in your club to participate but we need each house that is participating to fill out a form. This will help us track all the homes that are hosting a garage sale.
Residents –To sign up to participate all merchants must follow the following steps:
1. Sign up online to participate in the 2013 CityWide Street Sale please click here, or download the participation application, please click here, completely fill out and mail to LakewoodAlive 14701 Detroit Avenue #LL10, Lakewood 44107.
2. Please promote this sale using all red, white and blue colors.
Merchants –To sign up to participate all merchants must follow the following steps:
1. Sign up online to participate in the 2013 CityWide Street Sale, click here or download the participation application, please click here completely fill out and mail to LakewoodAlive 14701 Detroit Avenue #LL10, Lakewood 44107.
2. Download this application for your merchant temporary sidewalk sale permit, click here and completely fill it out.
3. Secure a copy of your Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Lakewood as additional insured.
4. Take both the completed application, and your Certificate of Insurance to City Hall, Public Works Department on the 2nd. floor. They will sell you your temporary permit for $5. (Make Checks out to : City of Lakewood)
5. Please promote this sale using all red, white and blue colors.
***Please contact Ken Brand at email@example.com or call 216.521.0655 to obtain the artwork and information to use on your websites or newsletters.