The Downtown Lakewood Business Alliance (DLBA) was organized in May 2009. The DLBA is facilitated by Downtown Lakewood. Downtown Lakewood is a program of LakewoodAlive that is focused on the revitalization of Lakewood’s historic downtown district.
The DLBA meets the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month at 8:00 a.m. for one hour.
Location is: LakewoodAlive offices at 14701 Detroit Avenue, #LL10. Coffee is provided and NO RSVP IS REQUIRED. Feel free to attend for the 1st time or the 5th time- everyone is welcome. Have your voice heard. The program is run by the merchants and Lakewood volunteers with support from Lakewood Alive’s Downtown Lakewood program.
Here are some of our accomplishments so far:
1. Merchants are meeting and getting to know other merchants in the Downtown District – both national chains and independent store owners have come together to collaborate on marketing and other issues they face.
2. Merchants have been in discussion on ways for joint promotion, marketing materials and events and have established a fund for joint marketing.
3. Merchants created and promoted Downtown Lakewood Sidewalk Sale during the Lakewood Alive & Well STREETWALK
4. Merchants have been addressing parking issues and working with the City to address the parking meter inconsistencies and solutions.
5. Merchants are keeping current on happenings in Downtown Lakewood, including economic development, events and how the City and the merchants can address issues affecting the district. Keeping current allows them to be knowledgeable and positive about the downtown district. They effectively become ambassadors for downtown Lakewood.
6. Established a Green Downtown Lakewood Committee of the DLBA which has since folded into the Eco-Lakewood group as a committee with the mission to educate and provide avenues for Downtown Lakewood businesses to use green practices in their business. Also involved in working with the City on recycling pick-up for the businesses.
7. Merchants launched a hugely successful and delicious Downtown Lakewood event: Lakewood Chocolate Walk – delectable & decadent – an evening all about chocolate –last October. Over 30 merchants participated and 250 tickets were pre-sold. Feedback was unanimously positive from the merchants and those attending. This event was a sell-out so if you want to attend this year, please order your tickets early .
8. Merchants also launched: Holiday Happy Hours a joint marketing promotion for the Downtown Lakewood District. The event was kicked off with the Light Up Lakewood event and continued over the next two Saturdays in December.