Ian Andrews (contact me)
Ken Brand (contact me)
Marketing & Event Coordinator
Laura Krawczyk (contact me)
Housing Outreach Coordinator
14701 Detroit Avenue
Lakewood, OH 44107
LakewoodAlive Internship Opportunity Available for Summer 2013
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERNSHIP
LakewoodAlive is a nonpartisan economic development corporation whose mission is to improve the quality of life of residents by creating alliances with community leaders, leveraging community assets and expanding the pool of available resources in order to facilitate economic stability and growth in the City of Lakewood. A 501-c (3) nonprofit organization, LakewoodAlive is a member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation Trust and Heritage Ohio, which is the oversight organization for the Ohio Main Street Program.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director; Marketing and Event Coordinator
SUMMARY OF POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Special Events Intern will be responsible for assisting with the execution of LakewoodAlive’s special events, marketing opportunities, and day-to-day operations for a nonprofit organization. LakewoodAlive’s events draw over 25,000 people annually.
1) Special Event Coordination: Assist with event pre-planning, event set-up, and coordination of staff & volunteers for 2013 special events including the Lakewood Summer Meltdown, Front Porch Concert Series, Spooky Pooch Parade, and Light Up Lakewood.
2) Event Day-of Coordination: Assist day-of coordination including working with volunteers, vendors, and partners while helping with logistics and set-up.
3) Marketing: Aid in pre-planning all marketing opportunities for LakewoodAlive and the Downtown Lakewood Business Alliance.
4) Organization Operations: Daily planning, organizing and execution of organizational operations
1) Undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related field is required. Minimal two years experience in marketing, volunteer coordination, event coordination/planning, philanthropy, nonprofit activities, communications or related fields.
2) Demonstrated experience in coordinating and implementing events.
3) Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, confidence in presentation ability and have the ability to deal with public and private officials, corporations, collaborative partners and stakeholders.
4) Must possess excellent computer skills; be proficient in social media and spreadsheet analysis (Microsoft Excel), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
5) Must be extremely well organized, self-motivated, creative, able to work independently and collaboratively, innovative and committed to executing the mission of the organization.
6) Availability and wiliness to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
7) Ability to assist with other duties as assigned with different departments and in different roles.
8) The ability to multi-task, establish priorities and work well in a face-paced and team environment.
9) The ability to complete physical tasks such as lifting up to 50 lbs., climbing stairs and standing for long periods of time.
10) A professional demeanor with the ability to interact with our staff, volunteers, merchants and conduct themselves accordingly.
11) Driver’s license and insured automobile in good condition necessary.
After completion of this internship, the candidate will have gained a comprehensive knowledge of event planning and a nonprofit economic development corporation.
COMPENSATION: Unpaid internship
Send resumes and letter of interest by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes due by 5:00 p.m. May 24, 2013